We do leg exercises for toned and sexy legs, ab exercises for nice stomach, arm exercises to have nice biceps, but what about the back? In fact, back exercises are largely underestimated. Their purpose is to give you sexy and ripped back, but also to improve your flexibility and prevent joint pain. Since the workout routine should include individual exercises for different muscle groups, this article will show you easy moves you can do for the ripped and sexy back.
When performed properly, deadlifts pose as an excellent back exercise. Why? It’s because when you’re picking up and putting down the weight, the muscles in your upper back activate to keep the torso straight and to prevent lower back from rounding. In fact, when muscles such as traps, rhomboids, erector spine, lats, and rear deltoids don’t engage, you’re highly likely to feel pain or sustain an injury. What makes deadlifts unique is the fact they work your entire body, and back is no exception.
· Stand straight with feet hip-width apart, and hips bent back
· Load a barbell and roll it against the shins
· Grab the bar with overhand grip with hands just beyond shoulder width
· Make sure the lower back is naturally arched, pull torso and thrust the hips forward while standing up with the barbell
· Lower the bar and repeat
Pull-ups target the latissimus dorsi, also known as lats, which are the large back muscles that are located on the sides of the upper body, below your arms. If you want to be ripped back and sexy torso, then pull-ups are a must. They are defined as a closed kinetic chain exercise meaning that instead of using your strength to move an object, you use the weight of the body to move.
Here’s how to do the exercise:
· Grasp a pull-up bar with both hands in an overhand grip
· Make sure that your hands are only slightly wider than shoulder-width apart
· Pull the shoulder blades down and back
· Bend legs and cross the feet
· Squeeze the glutes and brace the abs
· Pull yourself up until the chin is raised the bar
· Slowly lower into the starting position.
03. Back stretch
As mentioned already, back exercises don’t only give you ripped and sexy back, they also prevent or help manage pain. Back stretches are significant for many reasons. They help alleviate pain associated with different types of arthritis, but they also allow back muscles to warm up before you start more demanding maneuvers.
Here’s how to do a back stretch:
· Lie on the back with hands above the head
· Bend the knees, roll them carefully to one side making sure your feet are on the floor
· Stay in that position for 10 seconds
· Return to the starting position, change the side and repeat
04. Lat pulldowns
Here’s yet another back exercise that you should include into the repertoire. Lat pulldowns work, you guessed it, your lats and it’s so useful that bodybuilders swear by it. In order to get the most benefits out of the movement, make sure you perform it at a slow tempo.
Here’s how to do it:
· Sit down at a lat pulldown station in the gym
· Grab the bar with the overhand grip
· Without moving the torso, pull shoulders back and down
· Bring the bar down to the chest
· Pause and return to the starting position
05. Front squat
Admit it; you probably didn’t expect to see some form of squat in an article with the best back exercises. However, this move is one of the best ways for the ripped upper back. How? It’s because the barbell is in front of your body, thus making your back muscles work even harder to keep the torso upright.
Here’s how to do the front squat:
· Take a barbell with a shoulder-width grip
· Place the barbell in front of you
· Raise the upper arms until they’re parallel to the ground
· Without letting the elbows drop, lower the body by pushing the hips back and bending the knees until the thighs are parallel to the ground
· Return to the starting position
06. Seated cable row with a pause
This is one of the best exercises you can do for ripped and sexy back, particularly for upper . Why pause? It’s because adding a pause that lasts for a few seconds only increases your gains by keeping the scapular retractor muscles working longer.
Here’s how to do it:
· Connect the straight bar to the cable station
· Position yourself with feet braced
· Using the overhand grip, grab the bar
· Sit upright and pull the bar to the upper abs
· Pause for three seconds
· Return to the starting position
Throughout this article, you’ve had the opportunity to see different exercises for toned, defined, and ripped back. If you’re not used to these movements, don’t push yourself to do too many reps immediately. Instead, work on your technique and gain momentum. These exercises will help you tone multiple muscle groups and aid in weight loss at the same time. For more efficient weight loss, you can also opt for some of the top diet pills available on the market today.
Kathy Mitchell was born in the USA. She has done MA in English Literature. She loves to publish her article on different health and beauty websites. In her spare time, she like to do research on health information. She has written reviews on many beauty products like and many others. She is contributing to since past 6 years. Connect with her on , and .
All information, data and material contained, presented, or provided on Urdoca.com is for educational purposes only. It is not to be construed or intended as providing medical or legal advice. Decisions you make about your family's healthcare are important and should be made in consultation with a competent medical professional. We are not physicians and do not claim to be. Any views expressed here-in are not necessarily those held by Urdoca.com